Monday, January 20, 2014

How The Desolation of Smaug Should Have Ended



                                              
Now I am not saying that I disliked seeing The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug because I'm not. I really liked the movie. It was darker--as expected--funnier in some ways, told more of the story and it covered a lot. And although I found Thorin really annoying like twenty minutes into the film and then through out the entire film. Gandalf left me feeling disappointed because by the end of the film, if anyone hasn't seen it, we all realize that none of his powers of moves will be as 'epic' or as 'cool' as we think they will because he is still Gandalf the Grey and only Gandalf the White holds a solid threat.

Loved Aidan Turner--as per usual, I honestly do love him--as Kili and the little puppy love they put into the film between him and Evangaline Lilly as Tauriel. Not as good as Arwen & Aragorn of course but a really nice close second place.


And I was super disappointed  that we didn't actually see any 'desolation' of or from Smaug for that matter. Where the film leaves us we hardly get the chance to really see some desolation, fire? Yes, but not desoloation. It seemed and felt like the desolation was being set up for the third film.

Loved hearing some of the lyrics for "I see Fire,' by Ed Sheeran in the film that was really nice and it's a great song. He is very talented. Then again after listening to that song like a million times maybe I put too much anticipation and expectation into the film, Doctor Who knows.....did you see what I did there? No? Not good/funny?


 Well anyway I loved that I found this video because it touched on everything I was feeling and thought about the movie more or less and it's funny. How can you beat that right? ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment